KaleidoKleio

Friday, April 07, 2006

I'm Home

This just feels so good in every way. I spent my first evening, last night, with my P and our group of close friends at Edo for dinner. Then P and I had brunch this morning with my sisters and their husbands at Le Pain Quotidien at Marina Crescent. It was a gorgeous day, and it felt good to wear a T-shirt without a jacket. When we arrived at the crescent area and I got my first glimpse of the blue sea, my heart skipped and I felt so sublimely happy and relaxed. After brunch P and I spent the day just running around town, having fun, talking, laughing, and making up for the past three months since we last saw each other. I've been on a natural high since my plane landed. The weather is beautiful, the skies are big and blue, and boy am I excited to hit the chalet next weekend! And I'm surrounded by the people I love most in this world (except I still haven't seen my Dad because he's out of town and coming back later in the week). Aaaahhh...home!

I love it here. It's just such a different world. The longer I live in London, the more I realize that, no matter how much we complain about it here (and sure, there definitely is a lot to complain about), we really have a good thing going when it comes to living in Kuwait. There are a million and one things that bug me, that drive me insane, that I would love to change if only they'd make me president - but then again, everyone feels that way about their country. At least we can escape to chalet when things get too much to handle...

10 Comments:

  • I know exactly what you mean. I know that we bitch and moan about Kuwait, but in the end - well, for me at least - there is no place like home. Akhhh...all right, pushin' the homesickness aside. Moo wakta... :P

    By Blogger Erzulie, at 4/08/2006 6:35 am  

  • So you arrived on Thursday and you no tell me!!?!?! :oP

    Now I know why P didn't wana come to the event and have a good time! He wanted to be with you! So sweet!

    By Blogger The Stallion, at 4/08/2006 7:43 am  

  • Welcome home!!!! Its soooo good to have you back :)

    By Blogger Jazz Central, at 4/08/2006 9:11 am  

  • Erzulie: Why, where do you live? Yay someone else is homesick like me! ;)

    Stallion: I thought you knew I was coming! And no, that's not why P didn't go on Thursday - he had no idea I was coming to Kuwait! I surprised him Thursday evening (that's why I didn't mention it here on my blog)! Glad you guys had a good time though.

    JC: It's great to be back! Even if it's only for 10 days! :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 4/08/2006 11:56 am  

  • Ms. Baker - Right on! :) Thanks for the welcome message, and yes, the weather is GORGEOUS! This is my favourite time of year in Kuwait (that extremely brief moment right before summer properly hits!).

    By Blogger Kleio, at 4/09/2006 1:09 am  

  • Welcome back!!! :)

    I hope you have missed the rain, goodness knows you get enough of it in London...

    By Blogger Caffeinated, at 4/09/2006 11:01 am  

  • Thanks! Yes I did miss it - I arrived on Thursday. It rained a bit then but I slept for most of the day and went out at night so it was fine! :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 4/09/2006 1:43 pm  

  • We are so happy to have you back!!!
    Now come over and let's cook!

    By Blogger Lola, at 4/09/2006 6:42 pm  

  • Hi Kleio, good to hear that you are at home and enjoying your time at home with loved ones. You can write to me at jagdishpreethi@gmail.com. Thanks for all your comments.

    By Blogger JP, at 4/09/2006 9:50 pm  

  • Raine: The worst part about coming home for such a short period, with an essay to write during the day time, is that juggling your time becomes a nightmare! Hmm...we might be able to come over on Tuesday but I'll let you know.

    JM: Thanks for your reply! Check your Email in a couple of days. :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 4/10/2006 1:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home