KaleidoKleio

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Breakdown


It's 3:33am and this truck has been parked on my street for over an hour now, making the loudest goddamn noise on earth (the picture's not very clear because it's a dark part of the street). I don't really know what it's doing - I can't see the area where the pipe is leading to. It looks like a water tank but it makes no sense - it's a constant, loud, drilling-like sound that is actually making my flat vibrate a bit. I was in bed about to fall asleep when it started and now I'm wide awake and there are no signs of it stopping. This is it...this is how I'm going to die. I'm going to go fucking INSANE!!!!

This city it determined to make me have a nervous breakdown. I'm so tired, I need to wake up early in the morning to read two books for my latest paper, and it's nearly 4am. I'm at my wit's end and I just don't know what to do. I'm ashamed to admit it but after 45 mins of laying in bed waiting for it to stop I went out into the living room, stood in the middle of the room, and just burst into tears. I'm nearly 27 years old and I cried because of a loud noise. That's gotta say something about my state of mind right now...

Side note: Blogger hasn't updated the time for daylight savings so my posts are being recorded as an hour earlier than it now is. Anyone know how I can change this?

6 Comments:

  • It seems that life has just gone a bit loopy these days, doesn't it?! If it makes you feel any better, it's not just you! Our window frame is broken AGAIN (about the 10th time), I had to have people in to fix our oven, whose light would turn on when the oven was switched OFF and NOT vise versa, Lola has been throwing up everyday for 4 days now, our nieghbors - well, I can't even get started on that, my ipod is fried, our house phone line is making a weird sound (we have had problems with either the house line or the dsl since we put in fastelco a year ago - seriously), and the list goes on and on. And this was supposed to be my spring break! It is over - it flew by, and I feel more tense now than I did when it started!! Feel any better?

    And remember - we all love you and miss you and can't WAIT for you to come home!

    :)

    By Blogger Lola, at 3/30/2006 1:34 pm  

  • But at least at the end of the day you have your O to comfort you!! :(

    Why is our baby Lola throwing up so much?? Is she OK? Did you take her to the vet??

    I miss & love you all too!

    By Blogger Kleio, at 3/30/2006 4:00 pm  

  • And you have your P and all of us :)

    Lola is ok - I am going to keep an eye on her... Will take her to the vet as last resort - you know how she is about the vet!

    By Blogger Lola, at 3/30/2006 9:54 pm  

  • Yes, when the vet becomes a reality, Lola, our beautiful little kitty, becomes a hideously vicious dog.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 3/30/2006 10:31 pm  

  • throw a shoe at it

    By Blogger adorra, at 3/31/2006 11:04 am  

  • I swear I was thinking of throwing eggs at it but I didn't have any! :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 4/01/2006 1:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home