KaleidoKleio

Saturday, March 25, 2006

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!


I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!! Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I've had something stolen!! So I got home last night at around 1am, came up the stairs, all was normal. While I was sitting at my computer at around 2am someone buzzed on my entryphone but I ignored it because I wasn't expecting anyone and it happens sometimes on weekends with drunken idiots who think they are being very clever. Well, a few minutes later I heard the buzzer go off on the front door and heard the door open and close, so I assumed it was someone upstairs who maybe hit the wrong number to buzz up. Anyway, went to bed, slept, and didn't hear anything all night. Then just now I got dressed to go down to Pret a Manger to get something to eat and I opened my front door and suddenly I saw the box with my Christmas tree (in the picture) right in front of my door. I immediately instinctively shut the door again, freaked out. My mind tried to figure out what just happened, then I slowly opened the door again. I hit the light switch and looked around. I usually keep a bunch of stuff in storage on my landing - my Christmas tree and a box with tree ornaments, two extra dining table chairs, vacuum cleaner, and other cleaning stuff (bucket, swiffer, etc). Well, the tree box, which is usually in the corner behind the banister, behind the folded chairs and to the left of the bucket and cleaning supplies, had been moved quite a distance to right in front of my door. Then I realized that my vacuum cleaner, which is usually right in front of the small brown box on the right, was gone!!! It's a brand new £70 one too that I've only used once (I threw my last cheap one out cos it sucked).

What the hell?!?!?! I went upstairs and banged on their door and no answer. Went down to the old lady downstairs and no answer there too. I went down and checked the front door - there was no sign of forced entry. Which means that obviously someone buzzed the thief in - my money is on the bastards upstairs. The only explanation is that they buzzed someone up without knowing who it was, which warrants an eviction in my books, or they stole it themselves. Anyway, of course my landlord's office is closed so there's nothing I can do till Monday. I'm gonna wait till the bastards upstairs get home and I'm gonna go up and ask them if someone rang their entryphone last night - without showing that something happened. Wanna get a confession out of them first that they buzzed someone in. AAARRRRGGGHHHH!! I'm so mad I could burst. First they make noise and keep me up at night, then they create a mouse problem because they live like pigs, and now this?!

Holy crap my life has become an episode of CSI - searching for mouse droppings, checking for forced entry, investigations, interrogations. I GOTTA STUDY PEOPLE!!!

7 Comments:

  • Damn....I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I know how it sucks and frustrating it can be to be robbed...trust me...I know (back in the US), but opefully everything will be ok, and you will get answers and issue will be resolved, get your stuff back, compensated, etc.

    By Blogger Jazz Central, at 3/25/2006 5:20 pm  

  • Me so sorry! Next time keep your stuff in your appt! :oP

    By Blogger The Stallion, at 3/26/2006 9:11 am  

  • SHIT! Kleio, you have to call your landlord once you find out if the upstairs people did it (and even if they didn't). This is TOTALLY unacceptable and even scary!!! Bastards!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/26/2006 10:15 am  

  • The scary part was the thought that - what if I had come in an hour later than I had? Then I would have been walking up the steps, alone, and would have see the person rifling through my stuff! Then god knows what would have happened.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 3/26/2006 5:00 pm  

  • Thanks for making me feel even better! Call your landlord Monday morning as soon as you can please and let us know what happens!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/26/2006 9:32 pm  

  • Thanks for making me feel even better! Call your landlord Monday morning as soon as you can please and let us know what happens!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/26/2006 9:41 pm  

  • damn ur luck! ET come home

    By Blogger Rampurple, at 3/27/2006 10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home