KaleidoKleio

Friday, March 17, 2006

All cleaned up



After two days of floods, another two days of torment waiting for a new washing machine with my flat in disarray, three hours of cleaning this evening, and a full bottle of Dettol, I am happy to report that my kitchen and flat are back to normal. They delivered my new machine this morning, and when I got home at 4pm I started major cleaning - first my kitchen, then while I was at it I decided to have a mega-apartment-cleaning session. My place is always clean but after the floods and having maintenance men in and out of my flat and all it just needed a good rub down. Now everything is sparkling and fresh. Whenever I have a major cleaning session ahead of me (i.e. full scrubbing, vacuuming, mopping, etc) I usually dread it, but once I get started I actually enjoy it. And today I was like a cleaning machine! And it's even better when you get a new cleaning toy - like a brand new washing machine (MUCH better than the one before, and it's so nice knowing that nobody else used it before me!). It's bigger, easier to use, and much quieter. While I was cleaning this evening my neighbour from downstairs whose flat the water had leaked into came up to check on me and saw the new machine, and after being quiet for a few seconds said she wants a new machine now too. Something tells me the shop we live on top of is gonna get water leaking down into their store from an overflowing washing machine on the first floor! I guess something good came out of all this hell. Now if only I could figure out a way to make my oven break down without killing myself in the process, so that they can replace it with a nice new one too!

I am exhausted. Gonna take a long hot shower, make a cup of coffee, and curl up on the couch to do my reading for the night.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home