KaleidoKleio

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Update on Neighbours: Part 1

So yesterday at around 11am I was still laying in bed listening to the radio and suddenly there was a knock at my front door, which was strange because nobody buzzed up on the entry phone. So I called out: "Who is it?" And the response came back: "Pest control!" Pest control? Ooh ooh, maybe someone was coming to finally get rid of my bloody upstairs neighbours! So I opened the door and the guy said they do routine checks on the building and could he inspect my flat? I was so tempted to say: "I can save you the time, the damn vermin live upstairs." But I held it in and let him do his rounds. He walked in, looked around, and said: "Wow. This is a really nice place. You have the cleanest flat in the building by far!" I think I have the cleanest flat in London by far - the majority of people live like pigs!

But I'm digressing. So if you remember I put the note up on Sunday, and that night they ran their washing machine anyway. So I gave them three nights to redeem themselves, which they obviously didn't. By Wednesday, yesterday, I decided enough was enough. I called my landlord's office and complained. The woman on the phone was really nice, very sympathetic, and nearly jumped into the phone when I told her they have taken to turning on the washing machine at 3am. She asked me to send her the complaint in writing by Email, which I did, attaching the note I wrote to them as well. Today I got an Email from her saying that she spoke to them and is also giving them a complaint in writing. She said to contact her if the noise persists. I can't wait till tonight to see if there's a difference! I will give them one week to ship up or I'm complaining again. This is fun!!

Btw I am happy to report that no pests were found in my flat!

9 Comments:

  • See, now that's the difference between "us" and "them." You complain, something gets done immediately and YOU are the good guy! We complain and they tell us: "itha moo 3aajibkum, 6ull3oo." Fucking bastards!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 4:53 pm  

  • Yeah your neighbours suck. I think we should buy out the building! Now THAT would be cool!

    By Blogger Kleio, at 2/16/2006 4:56 pm  

  • Good job keeping your place clean! ;o)

    As for your neighbors well I hope they finally get the msg!

    By Blogger The Stallion, at 2/16/2006 5:03 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Lola, at 2/17/2006 12:45 pm  

  • Red and Kleio - AMEN!
    Red - at least they are not on the floor above you like we have to deal with. I ask you:
    Why are children running around at midnight??
    What happened to bedtime?!!
    Why are couples having children if they do not plan to raise them properly?!!!!!!!!
    AAAaaaaaaaarrrRRRrrrrggggggggggghh!

    By Blogger Lola, at 2/17/2006 12:47 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Jazz Central, at 2/18/2006 8:58 am  

  • LOL...your stories of the noisy neighbor reminds me so much of the movie "Duplex" by Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore. See here!

    I'm not suprised that they did not find any pests! You're Moica Gellar for god's sake.....hehehehehehe...JK

    By Blogger Jazz Central, at 2/18/2006 9:08 am  

  • I know you guys like to tease me about being "Monica" (FYI all, from "Friends): the hosting/party-planning, the control freak, the cleaning thing, the competitiveness, the violence during Pictionary, etc...but I don't really like the Monica connection. Why can't you call me someone I can enjoy being compared to...like Frasier? :) He is just as meticulous when it comes to hosting, he is a control freak and clean freak, he is just as competitive, but at the same time he is smart, cultured, and witty. ;) And that way Niles could be my brother and that would be dead cool.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 2/19/2006 2:17 am  

  • I would have made the pest control dude show some ID.

    By Blogger Caffeinated, at 2/24/2006 4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home