KaleidoKleio

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm in Rapture...



Today is one of those weather-that-I-love days in Kuwait: overcast, rainy, dreary, and just splendid! I had to leave the house at 7am this morning (which I haven't done in years) to meet someone for my research so I got to spend a good portion of my morning in my car between Kuwait City and Salmiya (I love doing the Gulf Road in the morning). Anyway, a day like this calls for nothing but the best from my iPod, and so I spent the morning listening to my number one album of all time, "Stick Around for Joy" by The Sugarcubes (1992). I first discovered The Sugarcubes and bought this CD when I was about 12 or 13. Before going solo, this was Bjork's band. Two songs off this album, "Hit" and "Walkabout", are my top two favorite songs of all time, and both are more significant to me than any other song I have ever heard...EVER. They carry 14 years worth of memory and meaning, since they have been with me every step of the way! The rest of their (earlier) albums and songs are just as brilliant.

"But the thing that makes me love you, is the unforgettable smell of your skin." ("Walkabout")

1 Comments:

  • You're right, their earlier albums are fantastic as well. It's just that I heard "Stick Around For Joy" first, and so it's been with me the longest. But yeah, some of their best songs come from "Life's too good" (like "Blue Eyed Pop") and "Here today, tomorrow, next week!" (like "Water"). There are also some good B-side songs that were never released on any albums; they did a great cover of the Carpenters' "Top of the World". And "It's - It" has some great remixes. Good stuff! Happy to find another fan. :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 1/10/2006 11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home