KaleidoKleio

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Insomnia

I've had insomnia for nearly two weeks. I get to sleep eventually, but rarely before 5am, and so I only get about four hours of sleep. I'm not sure why or what's wrong. I don't feel stressed out or anxious so it's not that. I just don't feel like sleeping. I occupy my time studying, reading, doing stuff online, watching tv, listening to the radio, or just thinking.

These past couple of weeks I have been addicted to two songs. "Number 1" by Goldfrapp and "Silent Sigh" by Badly Drawn Boy (an old one but one of my favorite bands - they just make me feel happy, in a bittersweet kind of way). I more or less have both constantly on repeat, both when I'm working on my PowerBook and when I'm walking around London on my iPod. London is one of those cities that can really make a good song even better when you listen to it while you go about your day. Especially in the winter. It's the same as listening to a good song in your car on a rainy day in Kuwait. P and I always keep each other up-to-date on what we're listening to while we're apart. Music being such a significant part of us, we like to know what each of our weekly soundtracks are. There's also someone else in Kuwait who I have always shared music with. We consistently introduce each other to new stuff - great stuff. We've been doing it since we were in high school. Now that I'm here, we made a deal that we will periodically (about once every couple of weeks) send each other a text or E-mail with what we're listening to so that we can keep sharing our new discoveries (or re-discoveries as the case sometimes is) with each other. We both have equally eclectic taste in music so it works out well. Anyone who has ever been to chalet with us (or anywhere else for that matter) knows who I'm talking about! What are you guys listening to these days?

4 Comments:

  • Two albums come to mind!

    1) Galaxy Weekend
    2) JFK (Jazz.Funk.Kool)

    The first album brings back memories of DC and old school parties at the Capital Ballroom! The second album reminds me of music from my high school days!

    As for your "insomnia" could it be from the workers and your building? Could it be that the time is coming close and you miss us and can't wait to come back?

    When it comes to the music and the person you share your music other than "P", could it be "S"???

    By Blogger The Stallion, at 12/13/2005 7:34 am  

  • What I'm in love with right now is the "Goa: Neo Full On" Album. The first disc is really the best.

    http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=630500

    My favorite of all, though, is number 8, "Closer To Heaven" - with Astrix, Michele Adamson

    These songs are full of energy, so if you are having trouble sleeping, I wouldn't listen to them.. :-(

    By Blogger Caffeinated, at 12/13/2005 10:40 pm  

  • Caff - I get my daily energy fix with Redanka, also on my daily iPod playlist. Definitely check it out if you are not familiar with him. Electronica at its finest.

    Stallion - Capital Ballroom!!! Ah the good old days. I still get the Buzz weekly E-mails on my hotmail. We absolutely HAVE to go back there together one day. Remember Trax? Nothing like being able to dance to 80s AND trance, play vintage video games AND beach volleyball, AND eat a bbq burger all in one never-ending night! Now THAT was an experience! :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 12/14/2005 3:33 am  

  • Trax in C'ville was the first club I went to and when I heard they had one in DC I went there! Then I found out about the ballroom! Those were some good times! We should go back! I did last September but I so wannt do it again!

    By Blogger The Stallion, at 12/18/2005 7:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home