KaleidoKleio

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back in London...

Quite tired after my trip and still have several hours of work ahead of me to prepare for my presentation tomorrow so will use someone else's words for now:

“Two weeks away feels like the whole world should have changed
But I’m home now, and things still look the same
I think I’ll leave it till tomorrow to unpack
Try to forget for one more night that I’m back in my flat
On the road where the cars never stop going through the night
To a life where I can’t watch the sunset, I don’t have time
I don’t have time

Tomorrow’s back to work and down to sanity
Should run a bath and then clear up the mess I made before I left here
Try to remind myself that I was happy here
Before I knew that I could get on a plane and fly away
From the road where the cars never stop going through the night
To a life where I can watch the sunset
And take my time…”

-Dido, "Sand In My Shoes"

All true except the part about the "mess I made before I left here" - obviously not the case!

2 Comments:

  • Good luck with your presentation. Too bad I couldn't see you while you were here - maybe on your next trip back or my next trip to London. Take care:)

    By Blogger PlumPetals, at 1/12/2006 9:58 am  

  • Certainly give me a call on your next trip to London! :) I might be back in March for research - depending on what stage in my dissertation process I'll be in then. *GULP*

    By Blogger Kleio, at 1/14/2006 6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home