KaleidoKleio

Friday, May 26, 2006

Kuwait

I hate being so far away from home and having missed out on everything that's been going on. I heard that voters have to register to vote by June 3. Does anyone know if/how I can register in absentia? I'll be in Kuwait by June 29 to actually vote (and I plan on voting my ass off) but I am not going to let them say that I can't register just because I'm overseas. I should call the embassy in the morning but just wondering if anyone might know anything offhand?

Update: I called the embassy to ask and apparently I misunderstood what I had read and that the June 3 deadline is for candidates to register to run. He said that voters were supposed to register in February each year. I said I knew that but there weren't supposed to be elections this year so what about the women who were planning on registering next year, before the 2007 elections? In polite terms: that's their problem. Bollocks. That's the government's problem, not mine. I plan on voting this year no matter what they say.

7 Comments:

  • As far as I know, you can't register in absentia :(
    you have to be present at the "mukhtar's" HQ in your Area.

    and 7amdillah 3assalama in Advance :)

    P.S. regarding Al-Jahra Gate's colour, it's not white as I said before, but it's brighter than Al-Magsab Gate.
    Maybe the colour was "too bright" for me to accept ;)

    By Blogger iDip, at 5/26/2006 4:16 pm  

  • Can I let someone go for me, like my father or something? We can pretend that I'm a woman that's not allowed to leave the house and all that. ;) Tee hee.

    As for the gate, very thorough of you to check! But yeah, they are too bright and "new" looking. Most people don't even realize they're old gates - they think they're just round-about decorations! Kind of funny, in a tragic sort of way.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/26/2006 5:25 pm  

  • Oh, and allah ysalmek in advance. :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/26/2006 5:27 pm  

  • I did not register either??? But, one of our aunts went - Dad's eldest sister - and she said she saw me and red's names on there?? How is that?! She did not see yours, but she said she was not really looking properly. This has to be more organized. It is so hard to stay in the loop if you do not read the Arabic papers daily... and even more so if your Arabic reading is as basic as mine! What do we do?

    By Blogger Lola, at 5/26/2006 7:25 pm  

  • I messaged my friend earlier who knows everything about everything (A, from my old job) and she said that we don't actually have to register, it happens automatically. She said there's a link she's gonna send me where you can find your name online. I'll post it once she sends it. You're right, it's so unorganized and it's funny that even the people in the political office at the embassy here had no idea.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/26/2006 7:34 pm  

  • Kleio,

    I found the links:

    For Men
    For Women

    By Blogger iDip, at 5/27/2006 1:54 am  

  • Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2006 12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home