KaleidoKleio

Friday, May 12, 2006

The nuts that are my friends...

...and the little things that make me realize exactly why I love them all as much as I do:

The fact that S smses me regularly at every outing or event that I’m missing out on in Kuwait to give me the play-by-play scoop for the night, just to make sure I’m always kept in the loop. Makes me wonder what his mobile bills are like these days.

The fact that every time (male) A is on msn when I’m on he sends me a message opening with “pbuh!” and then jumps right into conversation. That, and the fact that every time I pick up my copy of “Orientalism” I think of him (“…and all”).

The fact that G sent me a message yesterday while I was in the library, offering to (brilliantly) protect my honour in the face of impending warfare with my neighbours, and then proceeded (as always) to compliment my ever-deteriorating Italian (just being polite, I’m sure, which makes it all the sweeter!).

The fact that (female) A is the only person in the world (other than telemarketers) who actually calls me on my home phone, and calls on a regular basis to check in on me and chat, just like my family does.

And then there’s P...and the fact that, whenever I call him to say goodnight and accidentally end up waking him up (which is almost every night!), he doesn’t care that I’ve disturbed his sleep and I can immediately hear the smile in his voice.

Just a few things I thought about tonight while in the library, which calmed me down in the midst of all my multiple levels of stress.

15 Comments:

  • hmmmmm....I C....where do i fit in the equation? :(

    do u miss me?

    By Blogger Jazz Central, at 5/13/2006 8:48 am  

  • kalei: just trying to make you feel like you're still here.

    jazz: do i know you in real life?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/13/2006 3:08 pm  

  • JC: You don't keep in touch with me like they do. Except on my blog, which doesn't count.

    Edo Rex: I love it! :)

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/13/2006 4:55 pm  

  • Love - I was very sincere about your language skills as well as about sending over some Sicilian gentlemen to do the job.

    Also, could you pls tell S (little boy) to stop bombarding me with the most random Italian words whenever we are in public? Or somebody might think I am not Lebanese!

    G (male/female/transgender/bisex/little devil/figlio di puttana/ and much more)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2006 10:52 am  

  • zeno: l'assole di stomacho!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2006 2:20 pm  

  • Zeno & Edo Rex: Come ho detto prima: siete pazzi! Ma vi amo tantissimo.

    Zeno: Since when are you Lebanese?? And "little devil" we knew, but "transgender"? Interesting...

    Edo Rex: LOL!

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/14/2006 4:42 pm  

  • Edo: Is that supposed to be "asshole of the stomach"?!?!

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/14/2006 5:45 pm  

  • kleio: belly button. that's what it means (according to my 'first thousand words in italian' book)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2006 6:05 pm  

  • lol at the comments :P

    Cute...but now I miss my friends like crazy!

    By Blogger Sedna, at 5/14/2006 10:39 pm  

  • Edo: Ombelico. LOL!

    Sedna: Where are they?

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/15/2006 2:08 am  

  • kleio: i know, but the way i went about it was as follows: "button hole" is "l'assole" in italian, which is funny enough as it is. "stomacho" is "stomach". i combined the two; l'assole di stomacho

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2006 1:59 pm  

  • Love - Edo King is loosing it. He is totally out of control.

    Sedna - sweetheart - do I know you? If not, would you like to go out with me on a date?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2006 3:13 pm  

  • Edo Rex: LOL! Is l'assole really button hole in Italian? News to me.

    Zeno: Stop using my blog to pick up poor unsuspecting women! And, um, calling yourself a transgender bisexual son of a bitch is not the best pick-up line. The "so much more" could be though. :) Hee hee hee.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 5/16/2006 2:03 am  

  • zeno: i agree with kleio. describing yourself the way you had doesnt exactly make you appealing to women. is that how you pick up women back home? does it work?

    kleio: loved the emphasis on 'so much more'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 12:57 am  

  • zeno: i'm a bisexual sheep looking for a good time...you available *tee hee*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 12:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home