KaleidoKleio

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Talk Radio


Every night before I go to sleep I listen to London's LBC 97.3 talk radio (nothing to do with the LBC of the Middle East!) on my Tivoli Audio iPal radio. It's mindless talk but I thoroughly enjoy it before I sleep. At night the presenter is always Peter Deeley but my favorite is James O'Brian who is on from 10am-12pm (so I usually listen to him while getting ready for class). Peter usually puts about a half hour of James' show from earlier that day on during his programme, though, so I get a bit every night if I missed it during the day. Anyway, last night had a funny moment. It was a replay of James' show from that morning and he was talking about what you do when you can't afford the gifts your kids want from Santa for Christmas and how to ease their disappointment on Christmas morning, and then he was asking what you do once your kids stop believing in Santa ... and then his voice trailed. In my head at that moment I was like "shit what if there are kids listening to this right now?" and then a second later he said he was having a sudden mental crisis because he realized the same thing and would "hate it if any young people were listening to this right now" and then he managed to (as we say in Kuwaiti) "ragi3" it and changed his wording so only adults would know what he meant. LOL! Can you imagine if any young children were listening at that moment?? That would SUCK. Anyway, it's nice to lie in bed at night listening to these guys and their callers talking about the most random yet thoroughly entertaining stuff, which on more than one occasion has made me laugh out loud to myself. It makes me look forward to going to bed (but often makes me stay up later than I should). I much prefer listening to talk radio than any other channels because the music most stations usually put is complete rubbish, and also seeing as Frasier is my all time favorite TV show it's no wonder I love talk radio! :) Anyway, one of these days/nights I'm gonna get up the nerve to either text or call in myself.

4 Comments:

  • What there is no Santa!? You had to break it this way to me!?

    Now you will tell me Kwanza is made up and meaningless!

    By Blogger nibaq, at 12/07/2005 9:58 pm  

  • There IS a Santa. You are all crazy non-believers. You will burn in hell.

    "No gift for you!" (Think soup-nazi in Seinfeld!)

    By Blogger Lola, at 12/08/2005 12:47 pm  

  • Forget talk radio. I can see you having a talk show.

    By Blogger Tooomz, at 12/08/2005 4:59 pm  

  • Speaking of talk shows have any of you seen that DISASTROUS new talk show that Tyra Banks has? Oh.My.God. She should just kill herself.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 12/08/2005 10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home