KaleidoKleio

Thursday, December 08, 2005

My New Balcony


So I woke up this morning to the sounds of construction outside (and I mean RIGHT outside) my window. I peeked through my blinds and saw this!!! The entire facade of my building (which is a three-floor walk-up), is covered with scaffolding!!! I called my landlord's office to see what's going on and OF COURSE the property manager in charge of my flat was off today so they're gonna call me back tomorrow. Meanwhile I called the landlord's agent (who handles all day-to-day stuff) to see if they knew anything and the lady called me back a while later and was like "OK I've figured out what's going on. There is some building work being done outside." NO SHIT!!!!! Anyway, so I still don't know what's going on or how long it's gonna last. But what I do know is that 1) I now have a balcony that runs around my entire flat, and 2) I now have six English lads right outside all of my windows from 8am to 5pm everyday! If it's only a brief thing it's fine because I'm leaving for Christmas soon anyway, but if it's still like this when I get back my studying is gonna get effected. And the worst part is, tomorrow night is my Christmas party!! It's the first time most of my friends come to see my flat and now look at the state of it - it's so ugly from the outside! Plus I was planning on having all the blinds open with tea light holders running across all the window sills (there are five windows in my living room) and the place was gonna look all nice and pretty with candles everywhere. Now all that hideous scaffolding is gonna be peering in at all of us - mocking me. For those of you who know my party planning ways you'll understand why this is a disaster for me. For those of you who don't get it, imagine waking up on the morning of your prom/graduation/wedding day, with an ENORMOUS zit in the middle of your forehead. That's how I feel right now.

5 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry! You must be flipping out. Try not to stress too much, the interior of your apt is gorgeous and your guests are there for YOU not for the view outside your apt. Hopefully landlord will have good news tomorrow.

    By Blogger Tooomz, at 12/09/2005 1:05 am  

  • Hopefully. Cos if those guys continue to wake me up at what I consider to be the crack of dawn (8am) I may just open my window and push one of them off. That would be kinda fun actually...

    By Blogger Kleio, at 12/09/2005 1:12 am  

  • Ok - first the big sister worrying: Make sure your windows are locked so the English lads ca't get in. And now the OCD-party perfect sympathy: What a tragedy!!!!!!! But like tooomz said, they are there for you. Plus - I bet you will still manage to make it all look spectacular :)

    By Blogger Lola, at 12/09/2005 9:58 am  

  • Hmmm, seems like someone's going to be distracted by the "English Lads" but I wonder if that person is going to be distracted by:

    1) The so-called "ugly" exterior of the building
    2) The banging or the workers
    3) How cute the "English Lads" are?

    By Blogger The Stallion, at 12/09/2005 10:35 am  

  • Trust me Stallion, I'll be distracted by the hideousness of the exterior as well as the noise...NOT by the cuteness of the English blokes! (I already checked, they in NO way make up for what they're putting me through!) Anyway, three hours till my guests start arriving. Everything is under control and in half an hour I will start preparing some more of the food. Only one minor set back so far - Sainsbury's ran out of silver foil serving dishes (I needed one more pack) so I'm not sure what I'm gonna use to serve dessert - my own proper serving dishes won't do. We'll see.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 12/09/2005 8:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home