KaleidoKleio

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Coffee and Tea

My P just surprised me with this Nespresso machine for my birthday! I have wanted one of these for ages and now I finally have one. The colour is delicious - it looks a bit more teal in real life than it does in this picture, which looks more baby blue - and it's just edible. He also got me the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother for cappuccinos and lattes. Plus he also got me this amazing carrying case for the machine - to use if I want to take it anywhere (like to the chalet).

I love Nespresso. Their coffee is delicious, the process is so quick and convenient, and the machine itself is gorgeous. Plus the accessories that go along with it are just fabulous! Talk about creating a massive cornucopia of paraphernalia for something as simple as coffee, and boy am I buying into it. This really is the perfect coffee solution for the home or office. It takes ten seconds to make an espresso and there is minimal cleaning involved. The best part is that whenever I'm out of coffee (they have 12 different types of Premium Blends) I can simply call the Nespresso office here and have them delivered to my house.

I love kitchen and home appliances. This is the next item on my list:

It's a Goblin Teasmade. For those of you who don't know what a Teasmade is, it is an alarm clock with a built-in kettle that will have your cup of tea ready for you by the time the alarm goes off in the morning. How brilliant is that?! Check out some pictures of really old vintage ones here. Some were really elaborate, complete with bedside table lamps. There are a couple of brands like Swan and Micromark that still make and sell Teasmades, but I want to get my hands on a Goblin like you see in the photo above. I think this is one for James O'Brien's Treasure Hunt.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...

4 Comments:

  • Ah, that fine blend of gift-giving and unabashed consumerism... vintage Kuwait, and I miss every bit of it. That said, I'm sticking to my Turkish/Greek/Armenian coffee. Never before has there been so much controversy in one cup!

    - Fahad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2007 4:49 pm  

  • Yes, unabashed consumerism, but in this case one that is intrinsically linked to an appreciation for good design and good taste. :)

    I like Turkish/Greek/Armenian coffee once in a while. But on a day-to-day basis, I'm an espresso drinker all the way. And the beauty of the Nespresso machine is that I can use it in my private living room (since I'm temporarily back at home and no longer have my own kitchen). And it's so pretty!

    By Blogger Kleio, at 9/30/2007 11:22 am  

  • So I guess this means that as one of your chalet groupies I may get to enjoy a nice cup of espresso during breakfast :-)

    what a sweet gift. Hope you're doing well babe, and that you've re- acclimated back to life in Kuwait, it must be a big adjustment after being away for so long. Miss you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/09/2007 12:26 pm  

  • Yes of course, you will get tons of espresso at chalet - if only you'd spend the night! ;)

    Readjusting has been...interesting. I'll send you an Email with an update. Hope you're doing well. I miss you tons! It's been too long since I last saw you.

    By Blogger Kleio, at 10/10/2007 5:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home